History

School of Foreign Languages is one of the oldest units of İstanbul University. The department, founded in 1933 with the name of “Foreign Languages School”, worked formerly for Literature Faculty, then for Rectorate, and got the name of “Foreign Languages Department” in 1983. The Department giving foreign language education for the students studying in various faculties, academies and institutions, consists of four units: German, French, English and Turkish. As of November 1, 2016, the Department of Foreign Languages has been changed into the School of Foreign Languages.

27/02/2013
2032 hits

Istanbul University Main Campus

34452 Beyazit/Fatih-Istanbul

Tel: 0 (212) 440 00 00